Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

On a slow boat to Fiji - Day Two

I was up before 6am with the sun shining around the curtains. It felt too early to arise, but too late to go back to sleep. Marketplace breakfast buffet opened at 7am today. Clay asked me the time and we both got up. Clay saw the empty promenade deck last night as we looked for a sunset and decided he would start walking earlier or later but not mid morning anymore. I showered and he went for his walk. Just after 7 am we had breakfast. We were up in Palm Court staying out of the cabin for service longer than usual and listened to both yoga lessons. The Kitas, the only yoga instructors we known on Serenity, are leaving in Auckland. They say Crystal tells them they are still working to find a replacement instructor. I am happy that I've accustomed myself to my recorded workout in the cabin.

Serenity ran out of granola maybe 4 days ago. Umi Uma's manager told me they knew and it was expected in Auckland. We'll see. Clay was craving a banana sandwich for breakfast today. I warned him not to get too committed as they could be out. He was not happy to find only locally sourced small, sweet rotten looking bananas as we've tried ashore. I had warned him and his reply had been there's no excuse for running out of bananas in the South Pacific. Indeed. He was lucky to find they had purchased local bananas instead of running out.

Clay went to a 2nd cooking demo by Alex Patout, cajun celebrity chef. He said today they did a better job. I did my yoga. I watched the 10 am Fiji destination lecture on TV. I did not learn anything new.

We spent most of the morning within sight of islands on the starboard side. They are islands of Fiji. According to the captain, we are doing about 14-15 knots to stay on schedule to our tender position at 7 am tomorrow. He says he expects seas to remain about 6 feet as we continue to run 2 or our 6 generators. We hope Lautoka has a protected harbor like Pago Pago. With binoculars, we could see huge breakers ashore on the islands we sailed past. We have a ship's tour that departs at 8:15am in the morning. It should end at 12:45pm. The captain says that a hard rain is predicted tomorrow. We are to visit an orchid garden. The lecturer had photos and it is all outdoors with what looked like board walks. We'll see.

Today we have plans to skip the movie as we've seen "Ant Man and the Wasp". We plan to go on the galley tour at 4:30pm. We have dinner reservations at Prego.

Expecting nothing else newsworthy, I'll post this now.