Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Cruising the Indian Ocean

Clay was up and out walking at 5 something this morning. He says it was still unbearably hot and humid. Breakfast buffet wasn't served at Marketplace until 7:30am so we had some time to kill. It being Saturday, I treated myself to some badly fried eggs and some bacon and an English Muffin. Tomorrow is Sunday so normally I'd have another full breakfast but we have an early excursion in Madagascar. A new country! #89 We are going out early on a Crystal volunteerism excursion which is complimentary. We are supposed to be transported somewhere to plant trees and be back for lunch. At 12:45 pm, we have a lemur preserve visit booked. Exciting, but I'm not sure how special Sunday breakfast fits in. It may be deferred to Monday. We'll see.

Lunch today was good. Marketplace buffet was Indian food today. We enjoyed it as much as the Mexican. We also agreed that the butter chicken and naan we make at home are better. I told Clay that nothing we've had onboard that we make at home has been better here.

We're going to see "Papillon" (2017) at 2:30 pm. We've approved the Waterside menu for tonight. It is casual tonight. There is a 2nd Southern Hemisphere Stargazing tonight. It will be hosted this time by the Chief Electrical Engineer John Rivers. We haven't met him but appreciate someone volunteering to host it. We'd like to try it since they will turn off the lights on Deck 13 forward. We'll see.

Not anticipating any other news today, I'll post this now.

Tonight I was admittedly having trouble cutting my steak. Compounded by the fact that it was less than well done so I was trying to cut strategically to eat the brown vs pink parts. In any event, our waiter came over and asked if I'd like him to cut up my steak. My first answer to any question is automatically no, but I was also mortified. I guess the days of hiding my Parkinson's Disease are officially at an end. I guess I should have thanked him for his consideration. It was very considerate, in hindsight.