Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Sea Day 1

Alaska Inside Passage, North bound. It was a nice morning when I opened the curtains. We were very close to land and you could see an active current in the narrow channel. It was cool and clear. I spotted a small whale breathing several times near shore and then a whale tail. I saw one seal or sea lion pop up and look around. By the time we got to breakfast it had clouded in and was raining. We went up front to Horizons to get my cruise needlepoint kit at 9:30am and it was pouring. We didn’t see any other sealife just lots of floating logs.

By lunch time we were in open water and big swells. It stopped raining by afternoon but it was a rough ride. While we were at lunch they had distributed barf bags throughout the ship. I opted for a nap and slept hours. When I got up to dress for the Captain’s reception I spotted a small porpoise jumping in and out of the waves and swells by our starboard side.

We went to the Grand Dining Room tonight since we were already dressed and on deck 5. It was a familiar menu from earlier this year on Sirena around Australia.


We had a good day. Tomorrow is a new port for us, Ketchikan.  We have been without Internet all day. We’ll see how long this lasts. I will post when I can.