Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sea Day 3

Well, it wasn't as smooth last night and today as I'd hoped but it hasn't been too bad. I slept in 'til a little past 7am. I don't know what time Clay has gotten up the past 2 days instead of sleeping in. He has been on  the couch with his tablet each day as I've awakened. Breakfast in Terrace. Lunch in Terrace. Room wasn't serviced during breakfast so I got my needlepoint and Clay his tablet and we went up to Horizons Lounge to watch for wildlife. Only birds. We waited for after 9am to see if there were any new needlepoint kits. The social hostess said none had arrived and she didn't expect to get any before Sydney. I don't think what I have will last the cruise much less until May 1 but that is where things stand. When we did get back in the room there were immigration forms to fill out and turn in for Bali and for Darwin. We had a conversation about getting our passports for going ashore overnight at a hotel in Bali. Overseas hotels frequently want the passports of foreign visitors. The answer was no they won't give them to us after the ship clears. We were afraid of that since the Indonesian document was a 2 part form that the departure slip had to be kept with the passport until departure. The ship won't want to give up that control. They suggested that we carry a photocopy of our passports and our drivers licenses. Of course we will but that might not suffice. They asked for a copy of our hotel contact info and said they would notify the hotel on our behalf that we would not be allowed to remove our passports from the ship and they would fax photocopies to the hotel if they wanted them. I took the hotel confirmation down after lunch and they copied it. The woman told me they would inform us as to the status as they went through the process with the Elephant Safari Park Lodge. No word yet. It may take a few days. Hopefully it will work out OK.

We watched a war movie on TV this morning and a western this afternoon. It has been a really lazy day. It is so hot and humid that we can't bear to be outside for long or even near an open door! We are recovering from yesterday.

We'll go to Terrace again tonight just because neither of us cared for tonight's GDR menu. It doesn't help me that they are having a fish frenzy or fish al fresco night or something up there. I can afford to skip a meal. I will post now and I don't think Clay has any photos.