Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Sea Day 2

We had a calm night and a calm day of sailing. The weather has been warm and overcast/cloudy with some rain overnight and in the morning. We went outside on the covered part of the back deck of Terrace for breakfast. It was nice.

We have nothing to do today and all day to do it. The cabin steward staff was slow to get started this morning as well for I guess the same reason. So, after breakfast we had to go sit up in Horizon Lounge. I watched the water closely for about 45 minutes before I spotted a small school of dolphins swimming towards and by us on the starboard side. Several minutes later there was a smaller group directly in front of us. By the time the golfers were about to run us out, Clay pointed out that if I waited another 15 minutes the woman with the needlepoint kits would be through. So, we sat it out. All she had were leftover from 2 days ago, but I got an Oceania logo passport case. It is dark blue with the O in white. It won't be fun to do and I am not sure I see a need for a passport holder, but it is needlework to occupy my hands. I hope before the end of the cruise that she gets a fresh supply.

We went to Jacques Bistro in the Grand Dining Room again today. I had a big lunch since I don't see much for me for dinner at Red Ginger.

We found literally nothing else to interest us today. La La Land is the afternoon movie and we didn't love it so we're skipping a reviewing. Clay napped. He went to use the treadmill. I needlepointed and went to the gym to do yoga. Not a class, Oceania charges extra. I used the empty class room and a yoga mat and my own routine that I have on an MP3 player.

At 5:30pm today we have the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. At 6:30pm we have Red Ginger reservations. Sirena is a smaller ship than Marina which we sailed last time on O. It has fewer restaurants. Red Ginger should be the same. Tuscan Steak House on Sirena is a combination menu  from Toscana Italian and Polo Grill Steakhouse. Jacques is accommodated on Sirena by inspiring the GDR lunch menu. It is a compromise.

Since we have  Internet now and I don't expect anything newsworthy the rest of the evening, I will post this now, Clay says no photos taken today.