Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Friday, March 31, 2017

Sea Day 12

Morning came too soon again today. We move the clocks ahead by 30 minutes tonight. We should arrive in Kangaroo Island on time early tomorrow. Our excursion meets at 8:05am! We will exchange our tickets for tender tickets or bus tickets or both in order to get a seat on first a tender and then a bus. Not looking forward to another tender ride, but at least it will be a different ride.

Temperatures continue to cool. The wind and swells have lessened though. It can be hard to tell as the difference is so subtle over so much time. We are almost across the Bight. We are headed east and the wind and swells are out of the SSW. Swells are down to around 10 feet now.

There is no popcorn movie today because they are holding a Gala tea time in Sirena Lounge from 4 to 5 pm. They tell us the kitchen staff has been working on this extravaganza for the past 3 days. It is lost on us. Clay is on the treadmill and I am here.

Our balcony and glass door finally got cleaned today. I don't know whether they decided the sea conditions had permanently changed or if they just decided it couldn't be put off any longer. I cleaned it of salt myself the last time which was our first morning in Fremantle. It had gotten really crusty since then! We're happy to be able to see out and have use of the balcony again.

As seas are still rough by my definition, or at least I have been unable to recover my balance, we are still staying low in the ship and only eating in the GDR. I begged a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch today. Jacques Bistro at lunch in the GDR has a very limited and heavy menu, there are no changes to the menu and the daily specials are limited as well and rotate very quickly so there is not much change. It took 3 levels of hierarchy in the GDR to get permission and then it arrived in the form of 4 white triangles with peanut butter only between them and the question of is that what I want. I said YES. Clay asked me what I was doing when they recovered the plate and took it away so we could wait to place our order. I told him I would happily eat white bread and peanut butter only. He didn't get it, but eventually said that at least someone had cut the crusts off. I told him that's why I said yes because someone had actually already made a sandwich. He said he knew it was the no crusts that sold it. When we stopped at Baristas to pick up dessert, Clay found white triangles with only jelly! Clearly the kitchen staff is otherwise engaged.

In other news, the Bhopal watches. So, spoiler alert Mom. If you don't want to know stop reading. In Broome, we saw plastic watches on display through the open doors of an Australian Postal Facility. I went in and it was a Mickey and a Minnie with Disney logos and Australian Postal Logos. They were about $12 USD each which is remarkably inexpensive for Disney merchandise. I bought one of each. Clay broke the stem off his Maurice Lacroix and needed a watch. We both thought Mickey would be best for him and would fit. We figured that Mom wouldn't mind if he borrowed it for a few weeks before she gets it for Christmas. It smelled when we pulled it off the cardboard hanger. It still smells. It smells like a chemical factory. On Clay's advice, I opened Minnie and she stinks too. We are hoping to air them out. We've decided that if Clay gets a rash that we'll throw them away. Clay thinks I should lodge a complaint with the Australian Postal authorities. These watches cannot have passed the Disney brand smell test so to speak! Either way Mom will have a surprise for Christmas.

No photos again today.