Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tremor Update

I had an appointment with Dr. Carnes today. He informed me that the blood and urine tests ordered by Dr. Robottom were normal, meaning that we had ruled out Wilson's Disease as a cause of my tremor. Dr. Carnes could see an improvement from 2 months ago and seemed to discount that it could be caused by BIG exercises. He advised stopping taking 2mg of Artane daily to see what happens with the BIGs alone. He also advised staying at only 1mg or 1/2 an Artane daily if I decide to go back on it later. He said he believes that we have established now that I am hypersensitive in my reactions to chemicals in drugs. I think we established that a while ago, but evidently he is now a believer. Dr. Carnes says it may take a month or so to completely get Artane out of my system and ending the bad side effects. Specifically that the blurred vision will be the last to go. Let's hope and while we're at it, I'll hope that all the positive effects I've been experiencing are from the BIG exercises. I have been a little bummed out that the bad side effects were not wearing out and yet the positive effects are wearing out. The tremor in my right hand has resurfaced during the last week and my left thigh started feeling weird on Sunday. That is how the right side tremor began years ago. I will be off the Artane by Thursday and I'll see how that goes. It was probably a bad idea to start a new drug and exercise therapy at the same time. I'll split them up and try to determine which one made me better for a while and hope for the best.