Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tremor Update

So, I am still off Artane. Frankly, I can't really imagine going back on it even at the now recommended half pill daily. It's toxic and if it actually fixed me I might consider it. But, taking poison and oh yeah you still have Parkinson's Disease, well that's just hard to do. All the PD symptoms were returning even before I stopped taking the drug. I just about have my equilibrium back and have stopped being dizzy, and the blurred vision has gone. I would say I am about back where I was before seeing Dr. Robotom. Since the Parkinson's symptoms had started returning before Dr. Carnes told me to stop taking Artane, I am thinking that it just wasn't going to work long term anyway especially with the awful side effects. So that is all the bad news.

 Here I am with big Bob in my Everlasting Sweater! Yea!
I don't remember if I mentioned here that I had taken up knitting again after years because as counter intuitive as it sounds, it helped calm my right hand tremor when sitting still. Somehow I was still able to control my right hand movements and I could use 2 hands and just go slow or at a random pace and pick it up and put it down and my hand wouldn't clench up and fist under. My right foot still does, but... So anyway. I knitted a pink shrug. Too little for me, I didn't buy enough yarn, couldn't find more. I will give it to Vivian one of these days and one of her many granddaughters can have it. I knitted a white-speckled brown shrug. It was fine. I used the leftover yarn to make Clay a hat. It was perfect. A really great hat. Historically, I have never knitted anything other than rectangles. But, I wanted a sweater. Be careful what you wish for! I have worked on and off on what we call "The Everlasting Sweater" for months now. I found a pattern and picked out and bought the yarn. I knitted the whole thing twice and the 4 pieces would never fit together and form a sweater. I am sure now that it was not me and that the directions are just flawed. After I took it all apart a 2nd time, I put all the materials away for a while. I bought some new yarn with the plan to make another shrug like my brown one for my Mom for Christmas.  We were gone overseas for 4 weeks after that. When I was ready to knit again, I got out the used yarn and went online and found another pattern. I have been working on it for weeks now. The good news is that I finished! The pattern was good and I only had to knit all the pieces once and they all went together just fine and even better, it fits!