Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

May 8, 2012 - Day 10 Disney Wonder from Hawaii

Photos

Sorry the photos aren't all in order again. I really hate PhotoBucket.

Here is the scanned copy of today's Personal Navigator.

Aloha Hawaii and day 1 of 5 days at sea before we reach Ensenada, Mexico, our last port.

Clay went walking this morning and I slept in til 6:45am. We went to sit down breakfast at Triton's at 8am. But, it wasn't really all that special. It was quiet ther though, and Clay got grits. I had Eggs Benedict which came with a loose link sausage again. Clay had 2 eggs over easy with rye toast. Clay said the grits were not the worst he ever had and actually pretty good for being served on a cruise ship in the middle of the Pacific. They had a pastry service up front of the meal. Not sure we'll wait til 8am for breakfast again though.

The schedule looks pretty light today. We walked all the way forward on Deck 3 and sat by a big porthole window in Diversions to wait to get back in the cabin. I watched Big Miracle on TV and Clay went to the Glen Dolberg nautical terms lecture at 9:30am. We both attended Ducky Williams talk in WDT at 11:30am. It was interesting, but basically the same as the last one and I have to confess I was so cold and it was rocking up front so much that I could not help nodding off repeatedly! We did not win anything. Ducky did 26 drawings.

I have a plan to catch up with some characters this afternoon. We'll see. They are showing The Avengers 2D again. Once during dinner, so we'll miss it. Once during Golden Mickeys show in WDT, we'll miss that one too. They showed it the night before Kauai til 1am, so we missed that showing too. We're hoping it may be shown again on Friday or Saturday during the morning or afternoon, but we haven't seen a movie schedule for those 2 days yet. I'll be really disappointed if I don't see Avengers onboard! (Just a note to say, we never did get to see The Avengers in 2D onboard and we are really disappointed. The adult entertainment schedule was pretty slim pickings during the morning and afternoon hours for the sea days back and I can't understand why this film wasn't shown during one of those empty sets of hours in one of the 2 theaters.)

Tonight is casual. The menu is Aloha Hawaii. WDT show is music and comedy of John Charles. We'll probably go see him.

Towels! I have been thinking DCL didn't have very nice bath towels which was strange given the quality of the bed linens, duvet and pillows. There are 4 towels hanging in the shower room. Two up and two down. It was an optical illusion that they all appeared to be towels of the same size. Clay showered first here and he used the Left upper. So, I used the Right upper and that's been our habit. Well, a couple of days ago Clay used the lower Left towel and found a big plush bath sheet, Since we hang our towels back up to reuse,  I did not notice the change. Clay kept quiet about it until today. He told me so today I showered and used the lower Right. I felt so cheated! I'd been shivering along using that skimpy bath towel!

Clay and I have each spotted a single flying fish from the balcony today. One each, not the same one. What is up with that? We have always spotted them in schools before.

Nothing good to report from lunch. Didn't like the Triton's menu again. Is it the same every day? I don't know. Didn't want Parrot Cay buffet. We went up to Deck 9 and BBB for the buffet with the back deck BBQ. They had a crepe station for dessert and we both liked that. I should point out that BBB has a bunch of different specialty lunch buffets and they are noted on the back page of the Personal Navigator each day. But, the days that they had a BBQ grill out on the back deck in the port corner by the back door, there was nothing noting that fact anywhere that we ever saw.

Off for photo opportunities with Daisy Duck, Snow White and Dopey, then maybe a Disney movie quote trivia and then a nap or TV movie before meeting Pinocchio at 5pm. Oh, Daisy Duck used sign language and guessing from her pointing at Clay t-shirt to tell us that she loves North Carolina. Didn't see that coming, did you? We didn't! We suck at trivia! These people must have grown up on DVDs of old animated Disney movies! We got 2 our of 25! Two teams had 15 out of 25 and one team won on an elimination question. When Pinocchio met Bob, he used him like a puppet barking madly. I told Pinocchio that Bob wasn't real yet and he dropped his arms from his elbows and let them swing while going knock kneed and dropping his head to one side. Then he pointed to his chest and nodded his head, he lifted Bob back up and eyed him and nodded his head again, then he kissed Bob and gave me a hug. How sweet. I love Pinocchio even more now than I did before! We saw Peter Pan, but man what a loudmouth blowhard he is! We decided not to meet and get our picture with him. OK, in all honesty, we really should have seen that coming! We met Ariel again. We ran into Goofy, Captain Mickey and Donald Duck dancing with a bunch of kids in Promenade Lounge.

We had dinner tonight in Parrot Cay from the Aloha Hawaii menu. A man that Hans serves at a table near ours ordered from the kids' menu, so I asked to see it. Clay photographed it, too. I know you can't read it in the photo of the menu, but it had the state fish of Hawaii on it, the Humuhumunukunukuapua`a. Clay and I had seen this elsewhere today and had been practicing with no real success pronouncing it. When Hans came to take my order, I pointed to it on the menu cover and asked him what it said. He hadn't noticed it before and scratched his head before telling me it was the state fish of Hawaii.(Tip: click the speaker here to hear it.) Clay had tomato/cheese stack, and chicken sausage Pad Thai. I had grilled pineapple and steak with shredded beef dumplings. Clay had the sundae and they offered me another bowl of raspberries so I took it. Oh, I wore my expensive silk Hilo Hattie's muumuu and shirt tonight, you might notice it in the after 5pm photos.

In the WDT tonight was John Charles. He was amazing. He made up songs and was an amazing musical impersonator. He had his Hawaiian wife onboard and he played 2 traditional hula songs and she danced. One of the songs he sang had a line: "where the Humuhumunukunukuapua`a goes swimming by"!

Tomorrow is Formal night in Triton's with the Golden Mickeys menu and show. It will be only the 2nd or 3rd Disney Production show, so we have to go even though it appears to be our last chance to see Avengers in 2D. Oh well.

Photos