Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

ADF starts this week

Summer is officially here for us with the start of 7 weeks of American Dance Festival. It is like a vacation without leaving home. We both look forward to it. Clay for the restaurant dinners, me for a little of both. I used to love the drive home late at night with the top down on the SLK, but since Clay got his new Hyundai last year, we didn't do that. Hopefully, we'll do it at least once this summer. Anyway, getting in the mood. I made a strawberry cake. One of our favorite restaurants, Tosca, went out of business last year. My favorite meal there was gnocchi and strawberry cake. I haven't found a substitute for the gnocchi, but I did find a recipe that substitutes for that cake. Hit the link and enjoy, but I'll warn you it's a lot of work for a cake! Another of our favorite restaurants went out of business last month, Magnolia Grill. The good news is that I didn't have any favorite dishes there, they just always changed the menu around too frequently for that. Clay's sister-in-law has been in touch with him and we plan to eat out with them this first ADF night. I'll be back with a report!