Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Friday, June 8, 2012

May 12, 2012 - Day 14 Disney Wonder from Hawaii

Photos

Photos are out of order again. Sorry. I hate PhotoBucket, they suck. In case you're 'wondering' (Ha!) Photo Bucket changed their Terms & Conditions of use in July of 2017 and broke a decade's worth of embedded links in blogs. Not just mine, but any embedded photo uploaded to Photobucket in the first decade of their existence. Rather than pay Photobucket which was their intent, I am breaking all my embeds and leaving the photos on Photobucket as daily slideshows. I'm not happy about it or the inability to organize the photos, but it seems the easiest of all onerous choices.

This is our final sea day. The seas were crazy rough last night! I had to get up and take 2 Dramamine to knock myself out again because I was getting seasick lying down asleep! It was much calmer after dawn. It is mostly cloudy again today. The winds are calmer and the temperature is 59 degrees F.

We slept in and went to BBB for breakfast and ate inside with more staff than guests. They had brunch again today in Triton's from 9am to 12:30pm but when we looked at the menu, it wasn't appetizing.

We sat and read for an hour in Outlook Bar on Deck 10. Then we went to Wonder Q&A with Captain Fabian, the Cruise Director, the Hotel Manager and the Chief Engineer. We stayed for Christiaan's Disembarkation talk.

We met Goofy in the Panorama Lounge. I thought he was trying to bite Bob when he knocked Bob's nose again his tooth, but he assured me it was a kiss. Then, he gave me one too and it didn't hurt, but I'm not sure you can tell that from the photo! He also hugged Bob to his chest and twirled around. A Goofy happy dance! Goofy has really grown on us! This is my very favorite part of a DCL cruise, the random character encounters. If it weren't for the seasickness and the ever present Disney soundtracks playing everywhere but your cabin, I swear I would just spend all my time wandering around seeing who I could catch.

Lunch today is seafood buffet at PC and BBB. Triton's is closed after 12:30pm, that leaves pizza, burgers, dogs, salads and paninis on the Pool Deck. I'm sure we'll find something to eat, but man I regret missing the Mexican buffet yesterday!

We've had 2 magnets stolen off our door now. I'm pretty sure one of them had our names on it! What's wrong with people? I brought a blue fabric lei from home and hung it on our door fish. After our Mardi Gras beads got stolen on Le Boreal, I figured the lei would go quick but it's still here. We have both found that blue lei invaluable in spotting our door down the long corridor.

Tonight is semiformal Captain's Gala night in Parrot Cay for us. The WDT show at 8:30pm is Dreams. Our final dinner is back in Triton's where we began. It turns out your breakfast is at your last dinner location, so I guess that's where we'll have our last 2 meals. They are having a Guest Talent Show in WaveBands at 7:30pm, I'm pretty sure we'll miss that.

At noon, Capt. Fabian said that today was our 5th consecutive sea day and that was a first for Wonder.

Clay got crawfish and a bunch of other stuff to eat at lunch at BBB and I found some beef stirfry and mac & cheese and a piece of chicken breast. I had bread pudding for dessert. Clay had an assortment and then a chocolate/vanilla swirl soft serve ice cream cone for dessert. They also had pineapple and blueberry soft serve ice cream at the self-service station. That reminds me. They have had 4-oz. cups of Land O Lakes yogurt, but today it switched to a 6-oz. cup from a Hawaiian Diary. I had peach and it was fruit on the bottom and I don't think I liked it as well.

Oh, last night coming down the forward elevator, the doors opened at some point and we caught a glimpse of that service dog. He was wearing mouse ears on his head! We have a lazy afternoon ahead. At 3:30pm Capt. Fabian is signing souvenirs in Treasure Kvetch. Since Clay did not have his camera at the last signing opportunity, we may go again because Bob wants his photo taken with the Captain. Well, we arrived 10 minutes early for this and that was too late because the line had been closed. Oh well, too bad.

The Captain's Gala menu may have been my least favorite, but based on the craze of double orders everyone else must have loved it. Clay had a double order of Oysters Rockefeller and tuna steak. I had iceberg lettuce and the Parmesan crusted chicken with fettuccine without the peppers and mushrooms. We both had yummy Chocolate Lava Cake with chocolate sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Hans offered me a final bowl of raspberries only to return with blackberries and strawberries!

We got all of our tip envelopes handed out earlier, so that pressure is off. Honestly, if DCL is going to automatically add $12 per diem to the bill, they need to just add it to the cruise price and be done with it. I hate the whole tipping thing. It really changes the complexion of the entire experience. It makes me miss Regent Seven Seas!

Tonight we found another bed gift! A box of 4 embroidered commemorative dinner napkins with ring holders. Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy. Very nice! I'm glad we aren't trying to fly home with only carryons!

Dreams, the show tonight, was spectacular! It was one of the best shows I've every seen and certainly the best ever at sea. It was amazing. So ends our last sea day.

Tomorrow is the last day of our cruise. It is in Ensenada, Mexico. We've never been there and have no plans. They say you can walk to town from the port so that's what we'll probably do. Just have a look around and maybe eat lunch.

Photos