Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Cruising to Greenland


Tuesday, September 6, 2016

photos

We have been rocking and lurching and bouncing since yesterday afternoon. We lost an hour last night. Before Clay came back in this morning, I was already awake. I was woken by Crystal’s binoculars falling off the shelf by the desk near the foot of the bed being tossed off onto my feet and then the floor. It is 37F outside and mostly cloudy all day with little change from start to finish. We’ve seen tons of icebergs. I saw a fishing boat nearby during chair yoga. I stayed low in the ship all day. So 3 meals in the main dining room and I skipped gentle yoga in Palm Court and went to Chair Yoga in Stardust. Maria came in to teach from upstairs and said they had seen a gigantic sperm whale surface and dive with its huge tail straight up in the air on the big TV screens behind her. I’ve spent hours staring at those screens without seeing anything remarkable! The day I skip, I miss something new! So, I have made a lot of progress on the needlepoint. Tomorrow starts a 3-day stretch in Greenland. Should be a busy time! Hopefully all our sailing will be after dinner for next 2 nights anyway!

There was nothing on the dinner menu that either of us wanted tonight. Clay was agonizing over whether to try the roast suckling pig or the lamb curry. He really didn’t want to have the curry, it was causing him worry. Ha! I didn’t want to order the turf without the surf but was considering it. In the end, we were seated with a new to us waiter, Vinod. Who was our best server yet. Clay ordered the lamb curry and loved it. He ordered the yuzu trifle for dessert and loved it. I decided to ask if they could serve the pasta without crabmeat in the sauce and they could and I really liked it. So, we ended the miserable day on a high note even though the seas have not calmed and we’ve heard it should rain all day tomorrow! They won’t find out before we arrive at the harbor off Disko Bay what ice conditions are and if we can tender or have to zodiac tender. I guess at this point with the rain, it won’t matter since we’ll have on waterproof pants anyway.

photos