Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Thursday, May 24, 2012

May 2, 2012 - Day 4 Disney Wonder to Hawaii

Photos

Starting again with scanned copies of today's Personal Navigator. I am going to stop pasting them in, you can just use the link above if you're interested.

No fever today. Smooth seas. And warmer, maybe low 70's F today! We haven't even seen as much as another ship at sea since leaving LA. No sea life at all either. Just blue water as far as the eye can see... No birds, no flying fish, nothing.

Today has been about movies. I watched most of Tangled on TV this morning. After BBB breakfast with a chocolate croissant! (My Doctor recently told me to cut back on my carb intake and increase my protein intake. Hence, all the nightly steaks. I have been good and not had a chocolate croissant yet, but they have them every single morning... so I confess that I had one every single morning starting today. Hey, I am on vacation! I will go ahead and confess that I gained 4 pounds on this trip, but  I had lost them again by the 18th so no worries.) After breakfast, I watched Beauty & the Beast in BVT, followed by the new Muppets movie.

At one, we returned to BBB for lunch. Clay was thrilled to find BBQ ribs on the buffet. Clay went to watch Some Like it Hot in BVT and I opted for a nap before we have a Disboards Hawaiian shirt photo in the atrium lobby at 4pm. Sorry, I don't have a photo but I'd be amazed if there isn't one posted online somewhere,  saw more than one or two people photographing.

Dinner tonight is casual and in Parrot Cay with the Island Dinner menu. Not really looking forward to that. In the WDT tonight is "Who wants to be a Mouseketeer?" Not sure we'll go to that. Might watch a movie on TV.

Dinner was good! It came with a little Mexican skirt dance by Minnie Mouse and 2 girls. It was very fun and a great surprise. I had St. Maarten stack, jerk chicken strips, a big ribeye steak with a stuffed baked potato half and corn on the cob. Clay had a cold cream soup, ahi tuna and mixed grill.  I felt well enough and the ship was stable enough and Parrot Cay low enough on deck 3 to carry a glass of Riesling to dinner. Clay has been having a beer on the balcony in the afternoon after his first one in WDT. After dinner, Clay decided to leave his camera in the cabin, so we just saw Snow White in action from above.  I guess that is how we managed to meet Cinderella the first sea dinner, she must have been on her way to the atrium for photos. Then we went to the movie War Horse in BVT. It was good and well attended considering they had already shown it several times. Then we watched Thor on TV and went to bed after moving the clocks back an hour again. This is going to be tough going east!


Photos