Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

We're back from Churchill, Manitoba!

Let me start by apologizing to every person that I scoffed at when they told me Churchill was so much colder than Antarctica. You were right! I just couldn’t imagine it. I’ve studied the globe and I still can’t imagine it. Antarctica seemed much further south than Churchill is north. But, just because I can’t imagine it, doesn’t mean it isn’t so and I’m sorry for not believing you.

With the holidays starting up here I may be a bit slow getting these blog entries posted, so let me break the suspense with some polar bear highlights photographs. That way you will know that there were polar bears and we saw some of them. Clay and I both carried cameras again as in Antarctica, so I have best of polar bears photos for both of us.  Together we saw only 5 polar bears. Clay went on a helicopter ride that I did not and he photographed a lot more polar bears, but said he couldn't see them well. So, he says his count is still 5, same as mine. If I were him, I would count all the bears seen from the air too, but he isn't. He was surprised when we looked at his photos and he had relatively clear images of polar bears. I have included some of his aerial shots in his best of polar bears photos.