Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Sunday, July 29, 2012

ADF Week 7

So, this is the final week of American Dance Festival performances for 2012. The end of summer is officially in sight. Now if the heat and daily severe thunderstorms would just move on...

This week it was Mark Morris Dance Group. This has been one of my favorite choreographers for a long time. He is so musical and the dances frequently just seem so perfect with the music. That's the other thing! Live music. It makes such a difference and this was the only performance this summer with live music. So, I guess I was just too psyched for it and left a little disappointed. They were very good, but I just wasn't as impressed with the choreography this time out. A couple of the pieces seemed overly long to me. I suspect it was just me. I had a bad vertigo day and had taken extra meclizine and I think I was just not up for it and tired. There was a massive storm while we were inside the DPAC. It was still raining when we left the theater and it had really cooled off. We got soaked between the theater and the car and when we got home we got soaked again getting from the car to the house.

We had dinner at Mt. Fuji. It was good. We shared fried Japanese dumplings up front then Clay had Orange Chicken with broccoli which he did not like. I had Mongolian Beef, which we both liked. Clay had a Kirin beer and I had a glass of Vinho Verde. We skipped dessert to go to Amelia's for gelato. We were stunned when we walked in to see their empty display case with a handwritten sign saying their machine was broken and they had no gelato. Fortunately, the girl working there told us we could go down to Piazza Italia and get some. We did. I got white chocolate and zabaglione. Clay got tartuffo (chocolate and hazelnut) and peanut butter. They were very tiny $8 each bowls! Since we had the $8 each gelato for dessert here during ADF earlier, we thought we were prepared, but dessert-size and walk-up dessert only are evidently two very different things. Clay still hasn't gotten over that. I took an extra meclizine in DPAC and Clay offered to go buy me a bottle of water. I refused and said  I would go to the water fountain and drink free water. He said what was I worried about that we just ate $16 worth of gelato! I pointed out that the last time I checked gelato did not come out of a pipe in the wall for no extra money. Yeah, he hasn't gotten over it. I thought the servings were too small, but otherwise I was happy with my gelato experience.

Until next year on ADF, then!