Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Saturday, July 14, 2012

ADF Week 5

We're home early this evening. And it was only 82 degrees F at 9:30pm! However, as I sit upstairs at my computer in the study it is hotter than a fart up here! It is only 82 outdoors but it is 87 up here! The brand new AC stopped working on Thursday. I had a service guy out by that evening and he said he couldn't find anything wrong. I was like, you mean you can't find anything else wrong. He looked confused and I said because it isn't cooling, so that is wrong. He agreed and said all his tests showed it was working now, implying he had actually done somthing to make it work. He said we need Steve and Steve only works M-F 7-5. So, when it got hot up here again by Friday afternoon, I didn't even bother calling. But, wait til Monday morning! Anyway, that little rant over...

This week was Jerusalem-based Vertigo Dance Company. We had never seen them before. They were very good, and even though it was just one 50-some minute piece titled Mana, I left exhausted. I was very impressed. We had dinner somewhere new. L'Uva Enoteca near the DPAC. Clay ordered the black olive tapenade crostini to start, I could have done without it and they brought out very good bread with pesto olive oil dip anyway. Clay ordered the rigatoni special and I had the small buccatini with chicken in pesto. Everything was very salty, but I enjoyed mine and the small was the right size. Clay had a Peroni beer and I ordered a glass of Orvieto wine and it tasted bad (to Clay too) so I had to refuse it. The waiter was more appalled than I was and offered a glass of Pinot Grigio instead at no charge so I took it and it was fine, I drank it. Clay finished with pistachio gelato and I had chocolate budino, which was pudding. Yum. It was good food and reasonably priced and conveniently located. But, the coolest thing was as we had some time to kill, we checked out the Underground there at the American Tobacco complex. There was an Arcade down there. It had one pinball machine and a bunch of video game machines! And they were free! We played pinball for about an hour! I played Pac Man for a few games. Those video games always make me so edgy, I much prefer the action of pinball. Clay was the high scorer! So, all in all a good trip.