Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Cruising the Mediterranean Sea

We got a late start today. Clay couldn't sleep between 2 and 4 am worrying about our now free day in Monte Carlo. He didn't get back to sleep until he thought he'd solved it by renting a car. It turned out he didn't as the car rental places are closed on Sundays! Anyway, he slept in which meant I slept in. We got to breakfast after 8 am. You may remember what happened to me yesterday morning. Well, being certain it happened too fast to be caused by the new yogurt they have, I ate it again. Guess what? Right. So, it must be the foreign yogurt. It says it is yogurt de Luxembourg. That seems unlikely. Tomorrow I'll have eggs or something and pretend it is already the weekend. Or just an end of cruise splurge. So, I've stayed pretty close to the toilet all day.

We did make a loose plan for our free day in Monte Carlo. We will stroll or bus and take a round trip train along the coast to Nice. They have both a Matisse and Chagall museum there and we'll see whether we make both or not depending on how we feel that day. Maybe now Clay can sleep. Maybe not, he wanted to work on the August/September Eastern Europe trip but I wouldn't let him interfere with my game playing.

So, not a great final sea day but pretty easy I guess. Lunch at Marketplace was Mediterranean specialties. As I suspected, Clay had a plate full of fish. One even had a face. I had iceberg lettuce with diced cold chicken and balsamic dressing. We had Scoops for dessert.

Tonight is the final Formal night of the cruise. So, we have our final specialty restaurant reservation at Umi Uma.

We've been sailing in view of the coast of Spain all day but off the port side. Most of this cruise we've had the coast view on the starboard side so I guess they're due. It looks like we've been in heavy marine traffic all day but between my game addiction and Clay's napping on the bed we've missed most of it. Clay had to stay because he said it's too cold out on the balcony.

Tomorrow we have a ship's tour scheduled for Montserrat since we've spent a lot of time in Barcelona. The forecast is from 40 to 59 F and some showers. So not great. We'll have to get out the winter coats we were leaving Raleigh in January!