Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Eighty!

Mighty eighty. It seems it has been a lot of work to reach that number, but here we are in Israel, my 80th country.

We had a really good flight considering it was 10 hours. The Air Canada BC seats were amazing with semi-private pods with lay flat seats and 18 inch monitors. They had a good selection of movies and I watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing and American Made. I really enjoyed both. The food was good, service was attentive and the Dreamliner remarkably quiet. (Link to our menu.) The man behind me snoring woke me and kept me awake. I don't ever remember that being a problem on a flight before.

We arrived about an hour early in Tel Aviv, but it took more than an hour to clear all the hurdles to leave the airport. It seemed to be an understaffing problem as several flights arrived within minutes of each other.

We somehow got a shared taxi van to the Carlton on the beach which will be our home for the next 3 nights. The ride cost 190 shekels, about $60. Clay got 600 shekels at an airport ATM which is about $200. It is much hotter here than we had expected based on 10-day forecasts and more humid than we'd expected. Today is Shabbat so we are going to rest. Tomorrow we'll see and we join our AHI Tour at 6:30pm tomorrow.

Link to Clay's photos