Little Bob hits the road

Little Bob hits the road
Little Bob hits the road

Monday, January 27, 2014

Belated Happy New Year

I can't believe how long it has taken me to get to this. I have no good excuse. Here is January 2014 nearly gone. I am posting about our December trip to Florida for the holidays. We were gone 2 weeks. We started out renaming the trip the BAH run for all the Big Ass Holes in the pavement of I-95 through South Carolina. Not only an acronym, but also the noise that you make when the car hits one at 60mph! Traffic was heavy in both directions of the trip, going down in December and returning on January 3rd.

We had a good trip with great weather and really enjoyed our stay and had enough time to also relax. We ate out a lot. We shopped a lot. Matt gave the most generous and thoughtful Christmas gifts this year. He gave Mom new large clay pots for beside her garage. He gave Clay and I a Go Pro 3 Hero Black camera. It is packed with an amazing amount of features in such a small package! We used to shoot video at the Naples New Year's Eve fireworks, which were amazing. We tried it out underwater on a walk at Bonita Nature Place, which is a new trail along the Imperial River. Pretty cool!

Our last Sunday was a rainy day and rather than sit inside, we took a trip up to visit Judy, Mom's travel buddy in Lake Placid. We learned that Lake Placid was voted most interesting town. I don't know about that but I believe they surely most have the most public art per capita in America. It was a good day even with the rain.

Next up, Vermeer Road Trip.